ALASKA SALMON PESTO PASTA SALAD
Cook's tip: This salad is best tossed together right before serving so pesto and flavors stay bright.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutrients per serving: 310 calories, 16g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 46% calories from fat, 30mg cholesterol, 17g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 485mg sodium, 214mg calcium and 1300mg omega-3 fatty acids.
- 8 ounces dry, small shell pasta
- 2 to 3 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup high-quality light Italian salad dressing
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch half-moon slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 can (14.75 oz) or 2 cans (7.5 oz each) traditional pack Alaska salmon
- OR 8 to 10 oz. skinless, boneless salmon (canned or pouched), drained and chunked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain well.
Let cool slightly then toss with the garlic, pesto and dressing. Set aside.
Meanwhile, put the zucchini in a covered microwavable container and cook on high for 2 minutes or until tender and bright green.
Toss the blanched zucchini, tomatoes, onion and peas into the pasta and stir to continue.
Gently fold in drained salmon; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately and chill before serving.